James Hervey Johnson Charitable Educational Trust Annual Grant Application
Annual grants are awarded by the Trust to qualified nonprofit organizations for activities that promote Mr. Johnson's views on religion and natural health. Mr. Johnson was a lifelong advocate of atheism, believing that religion is against all reason, and a proponent of a system of natural health known as Natural Hygiene.
1. Grants are limited to 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organizations. No grants are made to individuals.
2. No grants will be made for lobbying or to achieve political objectives.
3. No grants are made to projects or organizations outside of the United States.
4. The total yearly giving of the James Hervey Johnson Charitable Educational Trust is between $400,000 and $500,000 per year.
5. Most grant awards are in the $2000 to $50,000 range.
6. Subject to rare exceptions, grants are made only once a year.
7. The deadline for grant applications is June 30th.
8. The Grant Distribution Committee meets in late July or early August to make the grant determinations for the year.
9. To ensure the appropriate use of grant funds, grantees may be required to submit reports to ensure compliance with the terms of the grant.